Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Accredited by: CITB
This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have supervisory responsibilities.
It is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites and provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
- Health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- Your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- Risk assessments and the need for method statements
- Effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitoring site activities effectively
- Timely intervention when bad practice is identified
This two-day Site supervision safety training scheme (SSSTS) course is designed for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
The SSSTS course is endorsed by Build UK and exceeds the standard set by CITB for construction supervisors training.
To help site supervisors to:
- Supervise health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their role
- Develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare of workers on site
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive and environmentally friendly.
Delegates should hold, or be about to hold, the role of a supervisor. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
The minimum number of delegates per course is four. The maximum number of delegates per course is 20.
Course duration and attendance
This is a two-day course. Delegates are required to complete the full course (15 hours) to be eligible for certification.
Delegates who do not complete the two full days, pass the trainer review and pass the end of course examination will not be issued with a certificate.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
► 1 day
► £200 + VAT
► 4 Raven Rd, Woodford, London E18 1HB
► 5 Years