Health and Safety
Adult Mental Health First Aid
Accredited by: MHFA
Adult Mental Health First Aid Course
Our two-day Adult Mental Health First Aid course will provide the participant with a comprehensive understanding of mental health and what factors can have an impact on an individual’s wellbeing. The course will educate the participant in the key signs to spot when concerned about mental illness and the tools to step in and support an individual when they require assistance.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be skilled in providing a non-judgemental discussion, identify the signs of mental health issues and confidently support a person exhibiting the symptoms of a mental illness and guide them to services.
All participants will receive a mental health first aid manual and workbook to support their learning.
This two-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Delegates must be competent in English at operative level. The course content is suited to all ability levels.
There is no formal assessment for this course, but delegates must complete all sections of the course.
The minimum number of delegates per course is eight. The maximum number of delegates per course is 20.
Course duration and attendance
This is a two-day course. Delegates are required to complete both full days (14 hours) to be eligible for certification.
Certification for this course is valid for three years, after which we suggest the delegate participate in a refresher course.
► 1 day
► £295 + VAT
► 4 Raven Rd, Woodford, London E18 1HB